Now if you follow me on Instagram (@chlohodgkinson) you would have seen these brownies crop up a few times & honestly they are my favourite healthy treat ever! *note I say healthy treat, nothing beats cake*
Now before I go on to the recipe please note that i’m a ‘chuck it all in & hope for the best’ kind of girl. I don’t use scales & I honestly do just hope for the best… however, these always work out really well!
– Xylitol Sweetner (add sugar if you want unhealthy, but this is the best sweetner that tastes closest to sugar. Other options include coconut sugar)
– 1/2 scoop Protein ( I used pea protein as my body doesn’t agree with whey)
– Desiccated Coconut (majority of the mix should be coconut)
– Chia Seeds
– Drop of Almond Milk
The very experimental process /
– Mix together the linseeds, chia seeds & desiccated coconut (ratio of roughly 30:20:50) & the sweetener
– In a pan melt down 3 tbl spoons of coconut oil, once melted, mix in 2 large tbl spoons of cacao powder.
TOP TIP – if you don’t have cacao powder, dark chocolate works perfectly! Just reduce the amount of coconut oil & opt for 90% dark chocolate if you can
– Poor into the dry mixture and stir well. Add in the protein & the splash of milk.
*The texture should be moist yet easy to mould around a baking tin – if not play around with the mixture*
TOP TIP – Start off with a small amount of ingredients and you can the add more for sweetness or consistency.
– Put the mixture into a tin & then leave the mixture to harden.
– Once hardened, smooth some peanut butter on the top
– & YOU BLOODY ENJOY THAT BROWNIE!